Science and Environmental Management program provides knowledge about different topics such as physical science, chemistry, biology and understandings about environment. The primary aim of this program is to advance leaners’ acknowledgement about problems of surrounding environment and their reaction to harmful factors in order to come up with solutions for the sustainable development of the environment.
In the last year of the program, students are allowed to register to participate in graduation internship in Vietnam and foreign countries at production factories, research institutes and universities in 6 months.
Furthermore, graduates from the Advanced Education Program also have outstanding English competencies as the curriculum is taught entirely in English; have the opportunity to study in an international environment with students from countries such as Australia, France, South Korea, Philippines, Indonesia ...; Every year, about 30% of students are allowed to take 4 - 6 month short-term exchange programs at universities around the world. 100% of students who wish to take a graduation internship abroad will be introduced to appropriate factories, universities and research institutes.
The contingent of teachers of the Advanced Education Program in Science and Environmental Management is trained abroad, with master and doctoral degrees, good expertise and foreign languages. About 30% of lecturers participating in the Science and Environmental Management program are professors and doctors from universities around the world such as the US, Australia, Japan and Taiwan.
1) Specialist at State agencies on Natural Resources and Environment Management such as Ministry of Natural Resources & Environment, Department of Natural Resources & Environment, Urban Environment Company, ...
2) Environmental specialist in factories and industrial parks.
3) Specialists at waste treatment plants, water supply companies, environmental monitoring stations.
4) Officials at environmental consulting and research companies.
5) Specialists of centers for conservation and management of natural resource exploitation.
6) Teaching at universities, colleges, educational institutions, ...
7) Self-study, providing effective environmental solutions.
Summary of the program
• Duration of study: 4.5 years (in which 1 year for English preparation)
• Starting time of the school year: August 2019
• Training program: Full-time undergraduate
• Credit: 120 credits (credits accumulated during short-term study and exchange abroad will be converted equivalent)
• Location of study and graduation internship: in Vietnam AND / OR abroad (learner’s option).
|English 1||ENG 1||2|
|Writing in Profession: Science||AW1||3|
|English 2||ENG 2||3|
|English 3||ENG 3||2|
|English 4||ENG 4||3|
|Introduction to Environmental Science||IES||3|
|Writing in Profession: Science||AW1||3|
|Introduction to Public Speaking||CMN1||3|
|Fundamental Principles of Marxism and Leninism I||MLP121||2|
|Fundamental Principles of Marxism and Leninism II||MLP132||3|
|Revolutionary Orientation and Policies of Vietnamese Communist Party||VCP131||3|
|General Informatics – IC3||IC 3||3|
|Introduction to Biology: Essentials of Life on Earth||BIS2A||2|
|Introduction to Biology: Principles of Ecology and Evolution||BIS2B||2|
|Principles of Microeconomics||ECN1A||2|
|Fundamental soft skills for students||FSS1||2|
|Applied Statistics for Biological Sciences||STA100||3|
|Environmental Impact Assessment||ESP179||3|
|Introduction to Geographic Information Systems||ABT180||3|
|Remote Sensing and GIS Internship||ERS192||1|
|Integrating Environmental Science and Management||ESM195||2|
|Global Environmental Interactions||ERS120||3|
|Principles of Soil Science||SSC100||3|
|Environmental Remote Sensing and Environmental Remote Sensing Lab||ERS186||3|
|Trees and Forests||PLS144||2|
|Environmental analysis 1||ESP1||3|
|Water and Society||ERS121||2|
|Aerial photo interpretation and remote sensing||ERS185||2|
|Environmental Analysis using GIS||ERS182||3|
|Soils in Land Use and the Environment||SSC118||3|
|Atmospheric Physics and Dynamics||ATM60||3|
|Population and Community Ecology||PCE221||2|
|Introduction to biotechnology||BIT 1||2|
|Introduction to Environmental Horticulture/Urban Forestry||ENH1||2|
|Introduction to Field and Laboratory Methods in Ecology||ESP123||3|
|Biodiversity measurement and estimation||BME221||2|
|Modelling environmental systems||MES221||2|
|Sustainable Tourism Development||STD321||2|